PASCO: Education and Scholarship 2018
Charter for the PASCO Scholarship.
The purpose of the PASCO scholarship is to enhance the study of HR; support student practitioners in education and certification in the field, augment PASCO’s position as the HR organizational leader in Sonoma County and help students build long-lasting bridges with the local HR community.
Categories of Scholarship Applicants.
- Santa Rosa Junior College Students in the Human Resources Certificate Program and the Associates Degree in Human Resources Program.
- Students from Sonoma State University who meet the criteria for scholarship including certificate program students.
- PASCO members who are Sonoma County residents pursuing a degree or education in Human Resources and meet the criteria for our scholarship.
Consideration for PASCO Scholarship awards.
- Consideration will be made to award scholarships to students in each of the above categories, each scholarship year, provided there are sufficient qualified applicants in each category.
- The amounts of the awards are established at the beginning of the board’s term. The awards we make annually will not exceed $3,000, absent special vote. For example, four $600 awards. (note: votes are taken at our board meeting to allocate three $1,000 scholarships for 2017)
- A one-year free PASCO membership is included in the award.
Criteria for Scholarship
- Demonstrated work in the HR Field and/or demonstrated an interest in becoming an HR practitioner.
- An Essay submission to the PASCO board for consideration that includes:
- Applicants educational and employment background and how it has prepared them for a career in Human Resources.
- A description of how the PASCO scholarship will assist in meeting their goals in the field of Human Resources.
- The contribution they hope to make in the field of Human Resources.
- Transcripts or other documentation supporting academic credibility on the part of the applicant.
- Reimbursement for the educational program is not available at 100% of the cost to the applicant through the applicant’s own employer.
Acceptance of Scholarship applications will open on December 1st and close on June 15th of the following year. Applications are reviewed by the board in June and awards announced in July with a presentation at the Education and Scholarship Fund Raiser in July/August.