PASCO provides leadership for the human resources community within Sonoma County and the surrounding North Bay Area by promoting professional growth in the area of human resources management and providing an information network for members.
PASCO was originally founded in 1957 and was incorporated as a non-profit organization in 1974. Since its inception, it has become one of the largest professional Human Resources organizations in Northern California.
PASCO is managed by a voluntary Board of Directors elected for a term of one year beginning July 1 of each year. Committees guide the work of the organization and are comprised of Board Members and General Members. Committee participation allows members to actively contribute to and gain from involvement in our local human resources community. Specific committee activities include planning and facilitating meetings, conferences, workshops, research, training, surveys and information dissemination.
To support the mission of fostering education and professional community,
PASCO offers a number of events and workshops:
- Annual scholarship award and fundraising event
- Regular social mixers
- Ongoing HR updates and news through social media
- Annual half-day conference each spring
- Monthly workshops on HR and Employment related topics
- Annual full-day conference each fall focusing on HR and Employment Law and offering the opportunity to learn about HR-related services that are available in the community.