With summer approaching, it's a great idea to make sure you're taking the necessary steps to protect your employees from the heat. Cal/OSHA requires employers to take the following basic precautions in regards to Heat Illness:
- Train all employees and supervisors on heat illness prevention
- Provide enough fresh water so that each employee can drink at least 1 quart per hour, or four 8-ounce glasses of water per hour and encourage them to do so.
- Provide access to shade and encourage employees to take a cool-down rest in shade for at least 5 minutes.
- Closely observe all employees during a heat wave and any employee newly assigned to a high heat area.
- Develop and implement written procedures for complying with the Cal/OSHA heat illness prevention standard, including plans on how to handle medical emergencies and steps to take if someone shows signs or symptoms of heat illness.
For this and more information please click the link below: